The Townsend Historical Society announces a Fall Open House and Minutemen Encampment on Saturday, October 13, 2018, from 10 AM to 4 PM. Location will be at the Reed Homestead, 72 Main St. (Rte. 119), Townsend Harbor, MA. Please park at the Harbor Church or Cooperage.
- House Tours: Featuring Rufus Porter murals
- Craft Demos: Candles, Quill writing, and more.
- Hearth Cooking: Using our Federal era fireplace and beehive oven.
- Musket Firing: Learn about period weapons and the drilling procedure.
- Free Admission! General public welcome.